Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Burial.

Where do all the demons go, when there's no one to put them at bay??
Where do all the beats go when there's no one to give them rhythm.??
Where are all the superheros, when there are no damsels in distress.
If it takes 40+ muscles to smile, what happens when your facial muscles form only frowns.
I see a cloud and it looms so maliciously over my head.
This dark validity is killing me with its timing.
How is this supposed to make its mark?
How is a target supposed to be hit, when there are no bullets in the gun?
How is a breach supposed to be sealed, when their hands are bound?
I don't believe I can see straight now.
I think my mind has stopped understanding.
My heart may or may not be boycotting good vibrations.
I don't think I hear you anymore.
I think my knees are buckling.
Oh here come the redcoats, to carry me away.
They can take me to wherever they want to, as long as its not safe.
Safety is the net that constricts me. Smothers me.
You see the dolphins that get trapped in those things.
They swim DOWN DOWN DOWN until the net breaks.
Why would I want safety if it leads me to my death?
Why would I want someone else to guide me to a stranger's benefit?
I do not remember your guidelines.
Did I get off track, have I severed the lines?
You tell me your secrets and I'll put them in my chest.
They can sit with the rest of my bones.
Perhaps you would prefer a proper burial.
I can do both. Bones belong with dust.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I'm pretty simple...and a little TOO open.