Saturday, August 7, 2010

Eyes Were Peeled Open

Today my eyes were peeled open, revealing a harsher world than I'd imagined was truly out there. The assumed lies spread on TV weren't lies anymore and the words spoken by said politic leaders weren't predictable falsehoods. The words were true. The world fell metaphorically into my lap and suddenly I couldn't stand anymore. Tears drenched my now aged face and I wasn't the carefree youth I once was. These problems were not only effecting the pictures in my books anymore, they were clawing their way into my world. The world that I saw with my bloodied eyes every single day. The world that had been incrementally changing without a warning or without a broadcast.

Today my eyes were peeled back, and I saw this planet for what it is. A growing ecosystem of people just trying to live their lives. I found out a secret this rotating ball has been keeping from us innocent nomads. There is trouble at every turnstile. There is heartache around every riverbend. There is misery accompanying every exciting moment. Taking a piggy-back on every happy moment in our lives. Just waiting for an unsuspecting traveler to blindside. The world is full of breaking news that lines our papers and resignating in our already full minds. And the news that isn't big enough to reach the screens of a box is just as bad as that news that IS big enough. Personal errors are what kills the slowest. Personal heart saws are what cut through our youth. I believe that sparks the aging fire. That is what ages us to a wrinkled heap of humanity.

Today my heart was carved into stone and given to any of the ones who know what I'm saying. Who can read through the garbage and sift through the debris and still want to live their lives. Who have experienced the worst type of pain there is. Falling out of love with another human being who said they shared the same love you so delicately created within the walls of your beating chambers. This heart is carved for you. This chamber is emptied to make room for any travelers that lose their way on their journey to patch things together free-handed.

Today my heart was carved into stone and these bleeding eyes went back into their safe haven. The darkness that is light in the hours that so desperately seek the light. This heart's beats have been stalled for times when your heart simply cannot supply blood to your body anymore. When it's burden is to heavy to carry alone. I will beat for you. I will see for you. I will love you. This is swear.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I'm pretty simple...and a little TOO open.